Delegation from “Albanian Institute for Applied Nuclear Physics (IANP)” was in a working visit today at CETI. Four member delegation was lead by director of Institute ms. Elida Bylyku.
Initiator and organizer of the visit was EXBS (Export Control and Related Border Security) program of US government.
The goal of the visit was to discuss and exchange experiences about the field of protection against ionizing radiation. During the visit, there was a discussion about many subjects and colleagues from Albania were explained how system for radiation protection in Montenegro works with accent on the role that CETI has in the system.
Topics that were covered:
- Overview and description of the equipment and capabilities of the CETI Laboratory.
- Organization and implementation of the Program of monitoring radioactivity in the environment.
- A system for radioactive waste management in Montenegro.
- A description of the control of level of radioactive contamination of goods and objects in imports and exports.
- The experience CETI has in the field of decontamination of the environment with emphasis on experience in decontamination of depleted uranium.
- Exposure controls of persons working in the ionizing radiation zones in Montenegro – personal dosimetry control.
- Quality control in the field of application of ionizing radiation in medicine and non-medical applications.
Our experience has been highly valued by our Albanian colleagues and a common conclusion was that the visit was very successful and that both sides hope that this was only the beginning of a successful and mutually beneficial cooperation.
Both sides expressed their interest for continuation of cooperation, especially because of many topics that are interesting for both sides.